Young Alumni Award
The Young Alumni Award recognizes noteworthy and distinctive achievements made by alumni who have graduated from St. John’s College of Nursing within the past ten years. Each year, honorees offer inspiration and encouragement as models for principled leadership and a wholehearted commitment to serving others.
The Young Alumni Awards serve as an opportunity for current and future St. John’s College students to recognize the tremendous accomplishments of alumni who have achieved notable success quickly following graduation. This prestigious award is presented during Nurses’ Week to alumni nominees selected by a panel of members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Honorees are selected from nominations submitted online. Nominations are reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Be a graduate within the past 10 years
- Excelled early in their professional life and shown potential for continued success.
- Received recognition as an emerging leader through professional and/or community achievements. Attained increasingly responsible positions within their organization, business or field of work.
- Received recognition for significant professional contributions, discoveries or creative work through honors, awards and/or media attention.
- Served as an outstanding young role model for current and future St. John’s College students.
- Demonstrated ideals that exemplify St. John's College tradition of service, vision and community activism.
- Have demonstrated by his or her actions the importance of education received at St. John's College.
- Continued their education to make a contribution to their career and the nursing community.
- Be available to attend the award ceremony.
Do you have a nomination in mind for the Young Alumni Awards? The nomination process is always open!
Nominees must have graduated from St. John’s College within the last ten years. Nominations made after October 1
will be considered for the next academic year. It’s important to provide the most thorough and up-to-date information possible. If you'd like to nominate someone, please complete the nomination form below.